Monday, June 12, 2017

Nike – A Fairly Valued Share

It's really hard to find a good investment at today's overvalued financial markets. The S&P 500 is at a 24.08 TTM P/E ratio, which is historicaly really high. Nike (NKE) has a TTM P/E 22.32, while it presented a really inpressive growth in the last ten years. Nike's revenues increased 8.03% annually in the last ten years. (CAGR, 2006-2016) At the same time frame, the EPS increased 12.59% and the annual dividend increased 15.44%.

As I'm looking at these growth numbers, I'm seeing a wonderful company, so I bought a few Nike shares last week. Nike has 1.35% dividend yield, which is really low, but I like it's growth prospects and I believe that my yield on cost will increase significantly in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment