Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Recent Sell - Macy's

I bought a few shares of Macy's at $19.02 seven months ago. At that time, the panic about the impact of the Amazon on the offline retailers was really high. Almost every financial newspapers write about it, and it was a good opportunity to buy an undervalued good company. I saw, that the company worth more, and it can easily pay out the dividends from it's FCF. I thought that I can collect my dividend payments until the market realize, that the company worth much more. So I had a great, 7.94% dividend yield, while I am waiting.

Yesterday I sold all of my shares at $39.79. It was a really good business for me, because I can double my initial investment. If I would not sell it, now I can collect 3.77% dividend yield. This yield is not so good for me for a fairly valued company. I think, that there are much better investment possibilities at todays market. I hope, that I can find some undervalued dividend growth stock in a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment